Page Buttons

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Thursday!

Welcome to another Needle and Thread Thursday!  The arrival of achievement testing has hit my sewjo hard this week.  I have been so exhausted in the evenings that all I have wanted to do is completely space out in front of the TV.  But, since finishing Citrus Wedges last weekend, I've been diligently cutting into this bundle for my next project a little each evening (before I crash).


Recently, I've been trying out the design side of things, and I'm planning to use these fabrics in a quilt for my very first published pattern.  I actually have a pattern coming out in the summer issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine that is already written, but hopefully this one will actually be available before then.  I think what will be most difficult is keeping the quilt a secret until the pattern is ready.  Do I really have to?  What do you think?  Can I reveal the quilt before the pattern is ready?  I'm not very good at keeping secrets.

Anyway, check out some of the fabulous quilts shared at last week's party!  Run 'n Stitch shared this beautiful quilt.  I love the cheery colors in this one!


Sue Daurio's Quilting Adventure linked up this fun tumbler quilt-


and 44th Street Fabric shared these stunning Oklahoma Beauty blocks!  Wow!


I just love seeing what you're working on week after week!  Time to party, y'all!


1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

**Please remember to be sure your post includes a project.  I would appreciate it if you would not link to giveaways or other parties unless your post also includes a project you're working on.


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting! I'd hate to keep that kind of secret too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabrics! Thanks Kelly for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard to run a blog and also do secret projects in the background that you can't talk about yet! I love your citrus wedges quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news! Can't wait to see your pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to have a pattern coming out. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh boy. don't know what happened to my link picture but I can't figure out how to edit or even remove it to start over. oh well!

    only keep a secret if you have to. then everyone who loves the pattern is all hyped up for it to come out. congratulations on getting so much published!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new fabrics are beautiful and they look delightful together. Thanks for hosting Needle and Thread Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a total "Scrumptious" junkie, I cannot get enough of it! I buy it whenever I see it, even though I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of it. And you know what? I don't care. :) Excited to see what you're dreaming up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are teasing me now, can't wait to see your quilt and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, #17 for dragging me to your site to see a free panda pattern and find out it's just a sales gimmick. not very courteous of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat, I am sorry to see that you also chose to pass a comment about me here on Kelly's site as well as on my own site, I'll reiterate here the same comment that I have replied on my own blog and also to you via your email.

      I apologise Kat if you feel you were mislead by my blog post, I can assure you I in no way deliberately posted it today saying the pattern was free only to get people to my site in fact, as you can see from the top of the post itself I wrote it last Saturday, 26 April. The pattern is not mine and I do not receive any commission on sales of the pattern, I merely tested it for the pattern creator. At the point when I wrote the post, as my post title clearly states, the pattern was indeed for a short time free, I reiterated this also in the body of the post itself. I was not notified by the pattern creator when this position changed on Craftsy and when another reader told me on Tuesday that there was now a $2.95 fee for the pattern I updated the post quite clearly stating this, even including a date and time.

      When I have included the post in any linky parties since Tuesday I have been sure to put a linky title that states that the pattern is available but I have not said in the linky title that the pattern is free.

      Again, I apologise for any disappointment caused, it was not intentional and I'm sorry that you feel in some way that it was.

      Wishing you a good weekend
      Chrissie

      Delete
    2. Chrissie,

      I did not find the link misleading at all, and I know your post was not a ploy for blog traffic or money. You have been a reader and commenter of my blog since practically the beginning- almost a year now. Your title clearly said that the pattern was available, not "free," and in your post, you included updates reflecting current information. To me, it's no different from someone working on a Swoon block (or any other block) and having a link to purchase the pattern on your post.

      I truly hope this will not keep you from linking your projects in the future. I always enjoy seeing what you're working on!

      :) Kelly

      Delete
    3. Okay, I apologize here. I misinterpreted the post. I've already written to Chrissy about my comment and I appreciate her explanation.

      Delete
  11. I have no doubt you will work some magic with those fabrics for your new design. I think there are pros and cons for sharing it prior to having the pattern released. There is definitely merit in building up the momentum prior to the release and engaging the audience. Enjoy the process. As always, many thanks for hosting the linky. Have a great weekend. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the publication, Kelly! Keeping secrets is really tough! Looking forward to seeing your design. Lovely fabric pull!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips